Thursday, June 28, 2007

the garden or rather weeden

I am missing my garden rather my weeden back home. No, it is not one of those landscaped neat gardens that are shown on Inside Outside . A higgledy piggledy garden where hedges grow any which way, flowering plants forget to flower...an overgrown mango tree whose fruits are sour, whose branches block the sunlight and dont allow other plants to grow;I hear you ask "why then a garden?"
Think of the plus points.I can go and lecture them sternly on their performance or rather the lack thereof.No backanswering or arguments.I can sing to them.. they do not say that I am singing offkey.I feed them with muck(literally) and they give me beautiful flowers. I trim them ... they do not say "I would rather go to the beauty parlour"
The whole of the shimmering summer the stones thrown at the mango tree have contribued to my rockery. And think of the pleasure of sneaking behind an unsuspecting little brat who is throwing stones and threatening him with incarceration..
Can my offspring give me any of these plasures? Noway. Give me my Weeden anyday.

3 comments:

Altoid said...

Ack!!! Pillpopper- did you just call your offsprings useless? NOW I am miffed....but that aside, you have a great garden, I know of that. Just when I'd given up on it, everytime I visit and look at it- I cant believe it had such a humble beginning. Its serene, peaceful and green! Just right to belong in the garden city!

So good job :) and thats one reason why you've been invited here :D (evil laugh here)...to fix this garden!

Pillpopper said...

I always knew you had an ulterior motive altoid:)

Serendipity said...

Hello motter ,

;) , your plants here are rotting coz the monsoons have set in and your better half insists on diligently watering them everyday.Scare you enough to make a hasty comeback ?;)